The effect of Yahoo Real Beauty Contest

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I have been going through IndiVine and noticed something peculiar. I just wanted to share it with you.

In the Lifestyle category of IndiVine, three of the top ten posts are from the Yahoo Real Beauty contest

http://www.indiblogger.in/indivine_category.php?id=5

In the personal care subcategory under Lifestyle, top 14 posts are from the contest.

The entries that have been submitted under the contest are easily accessible. Don't you think that IndiBloggers can benefit a lot more from IndiVine if contest entries are not included in IndiVine categories and are displayed only on the contests page?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: spelling
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Ascending
Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

Can someone tell me what happened to the prizes of this contest?????

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago
Didn't you get yours?
Vyshnavi
Vyshnavi
from Bangalore
13 years ago

+1 Ranjith !!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Thank you

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

Yes, nice observation, ranjith. The contest entries can be displayed separately, like umeshji said.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Yes, that needs to be done. many more contests with huge prizes are most likely to be hosted on IndiBlogger. In that case, IndiVine would be cluttered with contest entries.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Contest entries are displayed separately on the contest page already.
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Good suggestions there Ranjith, plus 1 from my side.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Thank you

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

All contest enteries should be isolated or segregated from the main category otherwise it will muddle up the categories concerned.  There are individuals who don t participate in the contest, it will be a let down for them.  I hope team Indi takes your suggestion seriously.

good points, I don't know why talented writers like purba ray etc. shy away from contests  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

That is a good idea

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Pramod Not everyone wishes to participate in contests. It is a natural human behaviour present in some people.

LockSign in to reply to this thread