Testimonials for Blogs

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Blog Testimonials

After thinking (read googling) a lot on this particular topic, I thought the best place to get some inner peace is by posting it here (so that you can think for me Tongue out)

I have create a page on Testimonials for my blog and want you guys to share your views here about what you think of a Testimonials page for a blog?

A bit about how to create this for your blog!

For Blogspot users, this link should lead you! Thanks to Arti

Catch: You cant have a comment form though. And hence, its best to use a post as a page. Visit here or here to find out more about it.

For Wordpress, well you know how to create this page.

A bit for why I think this can work! via a Vauge example Tongue out

"If media firm (somehow) finds your blog interesting and they would like you to contribute to their platforms (Blog/News paper/website/TV) before they even think of hiring / requesting you to contribute to their, having a look at testimonials page scores. So this is a step towards being serious about Blogging not only as a personal space, but as a profession too."

PS: If anyone needs, can use the above image without any Copyright Violation Money mouth and no link backs are required Innocent

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: Made Image Copyright Free :P
Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Ascending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Hemal I found out that the link provided by me can be used too. Actually the 'allow comment' option is unchecked by default and have to be checked by you. So i dont think there is any catch here :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Arti brilliant!! I will update this information here then...

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Hemal, 

FInally here is my page Blog Testimonials.....! I have included some which I have recieved already in comments and while talking. 

Waiting from honest opinion from you and all the indifriends. Friends, you can include your further expectations also.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thats excellent Mohini, will check it out soon :)

I myself have been too lazy on this one Frown

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you mohini ji for mentioning me in the post!. :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Do it Arti! don't be lazy. :P

Abhi! my pleasure.......na to add your best wishes. 

will keep updating page.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Haha, Mohini you know the (climatic) weather has been such these days that am doing nothing else except piling on those useless calories :P thanks for the kick anyways :P

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Good work Mohini! I am heading your way

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey folks, I dug this out,,, You can Write a Testimonial for Indiblogger too! Follow this link - http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=7732 !

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

a little doubt, if we write a testimonial now, will it still get updated here?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Arti well done, good work for sharing the link.

@Abhi there is a possibility. IndiB team keeps updating it, though not so regularly.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@Hemal But on second thoughts, I was just thinking I shouldn't have put the link here coz your topic is blog testimonials and indiblogger is not a blog, am really sorry for screwing this up :-(
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

no Arti, it helps strengthen the case, so please, dont think you screw it up in fact this will help others do it for them too.

IndiBlogger has it, why not me? Money mouth

IndiBlogger has its own testimonial page for some reason, and we have ours too right? Wink

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
:-)
Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Hemal, I added a testimonial page. I also gave you credit. 

http://veronicaunadulterated.blogspot.com/p/testimonials.html

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey Jaai, thank you very much for taking this initiative forward. And giving me the credit was just "awesomeness". One more backlink will go a hellalotta good.. Money mouth

I havent justified the testimonail on your blog yet, well coz i have not read much of you, will do so and give you a better and rightful one. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Congrats Jaai, can you tell me which link did you use to create it?

Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hahaha I can see you've read one post :D Thank you!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Arti she used the way of creating a back dated post on blogger. The link which I provided you earlier with...

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@Hemal Thanks..
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Hemal for the testimonial! I don't want to reply there because then it won't look like a testimonial at all. Anyway thank you, I'm flattered! :D

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

To everyone, this thread is not only to promote my testimonials page but wish you too share your testimonials page here to give others an opportunity.

Also, share your views about how, according to you, testimonials can make a difference. Big or Small.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks for apportunity.......! :) :) it's nice idea of course!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

You are, always welcome Mohini Smile

I am also thinking to make a testimonial page. should I wait for some months or is it the right time.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

If you ask me it is late already......! 

Thanks mohini ji for booster
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Mohini hehe.. bingo!

@Pramod time is ripe. I am trying to give some momentum. and its never late buddy, start up today and share with us your page URL.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Seeing the enthusiasm, I am tempted too :):)

thanks hemal, i am looking to add nice page., 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@arti @pramod hehe, welcome welcome, once you created your testimonial, post it here and then you blog about it on your blog so that people who come to your blog are aware of it as well. Considering your popularity, i think you will get so many testimonials Tongue out

Wth all the hopes to get cute ones I hereby venture on new arena "testimonials"
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes Pramodji's blog is immensely popular and I am one in the list of his fans too :)

i have given my testimonials, but they are not superfluous, straight deep from heart.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Pramod Sirr.. Take a bow for write such a testimonial for me.. i replied to it on my blog too..

Pramod, but can you share here, what are your views about this phenomenon? Do you think it works or foresee this working and becoming a norm?

please leave sir, boss, it adds to my already ripening age. Testimonials are a great and ideal path setter in the minds of onlookers at glance.  My feeling is that one can bloat about just 10% effectively. but not more than that. Its an art.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

ripening age Laughing

Yes, testimonials are very great to understand things at one glance. What is more effective for blogging is that one cannot fake testimonials on their own blog unlike website. The reason, clearly is the link to the author of the testimonials. Its in a comment form. People can search for the right person to believe that testimonial is real. Which is really a big plus, dont you think?

you are right on that point hemal, one disclosure I want to make on your testimonial, I was in a hurry as my laptop battery had given ultimate warnings. so in a fast way whatever true thoughts that came to ma mind i wrote them up. no % of bloating could be added. and just as I posted it, my laptop too went off to sleep.   

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Pramod, thank you very much for making most of the juice your lappy batt could afford.. Smile and yep, i wont ever think that it was bloated, neither it appeared. truly awesome feeling...

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hi Hemal i went through your site, it is very nicely designed, i believe you have formatted it well with topics in various categories.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you very much Sir! I apprecaite your kind gesture. Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I hope to improvise on it even further. I always believe that there is always a room for improvement. Thank you very much for your kind comments again.. Smile

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Would you actually go and read someone's testimonials page? 

I would probably pick a post that I find with some topic of my interested and then decide within that one single post whether I want to read more or not. Testimonials, I would ignore. 

I find it hard to check even the "about the writer" page unless I really like the content.

Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

It is more like a timepass for visitors after they are done with reading content. Something like posters put up in doctors' waiting rooms for the relatives. :P

Ok, that was a bad comparison. But hope you get the intention. :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Rumbaho exactly the point you made last..

You will only check the about page if you really like the content.

See, there are a lot of things bloggers do to post on their blogs, like Awards and Passon things to ther bloggers.

Not every one will be interested in Testimonials things right now, but as it grows, I think this have the potential for more.

Just giving you a vauge example. A media firm (somehow) finds your blog interesting. Before they even think of hiring / requesting you to contribute to their Blog/News paper/website/TV, having a look at testimonials page scores. So this is a step towards being serious about Blogging not only as a personal space, but as a profession too.

Of course even a negative comment will be appreciated and should be appreciated.

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

AB: :o)

Hemal: Maybe you're right. In some cases the testimonial could be useful.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Rambhaho Cool

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I though that testimonals should have atleast 10 lines... or something like that with overfilled vocabulary. Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

there is no rules for Testimonial.. It can be even a single line. Wink (i wont say one word coz i would hate a one word testimonial)

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Fabulous idea... so you have already set up the page also, that's GreatCool

But I was wondering what kind of people will be writing them, I mean preferably I think it should come from your consistent reader base, people who have read your site and stuff otherwise the testimonials from people just dropping by from nowhere and giving a review will obviously look fake and will have no meaning or weightage in the entire scheme of things. So is there anything one can do to check this out. I guess in orkut it’s only your friends (though I am not very sure about it) who can write a testimonial for you..?

Still it sounds a very unique and exciting idea, can you throw some light on how does one go about setting such a page in blogspot?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you Arti Cool

Let me take one thing at a time.

What kind of people?

People like you, me and many others who know eachother through blogs. It can be your consistant reader base or people who have benefited from the information on your website. (more so true for a travelougeWink)

Fake Review?

Do you think Testimonials were ever real? Tongue out Money mouth They were always bloated up, some times, companies even put up fake Testimonials.. Having developed many websites for clients, I was asked to put fake Testimonials too, so you see, not they are always true, neither always false. Sealed

Its more to please the author/reader/service provider hahahahaa... 

In orkut yes, only friends can post a testimonial.

About how to create a blogspot page, let me do a small R&D and get back to you Wink

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks a lot Hemal... I got it! (BTW i was just wondering how many fake testimonials have you done till nowSealed)!!!

Those links are really helpful, I checked out more on this. Is this page that you have created a static page? If yes, Then I think blogger has now got an inbuilt feature for it .. here i got the link. Please check this link and tell me if this is the correct way to go about this Innocent

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Arti hey girly, dont tell anyone its a very big secret and i have lost count of number of fake testimonials i have created for others.. Tongue out

Yeah.. Blogger then has this function finally.. so you can create pages on Blogger. But then, have you tired? Do you see the Comment form there? If no, then its a problem. Else, this is the way to go.

Yep, the page I have created is a PAGE in wordpress language Tongue out. So you can say this is a static page.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Hemal lolzzz Indipolice se to atleast yeh umeed nahi thi! Very Bad, very bad Yell (pssttt: But dont you worry, your TOP secret is safely Sealed with me unless, of course, someone is eager enough to bribe me with loads of Money mouth to get it out...!!! ;)

Ok, so now i have decided to take this page thing on. About the comments, i dont have any idea since I havent worked on this till now! I checked out a few blogs for this and i am guessing (and hoping too!) that it should be there...but will have to see myself... and this might take some time...

Oh..Ok...Its a Page alright...then I am all set to create one in blogspot languageTongue out

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Great look ! with this page....I am thinking from many days to add review page. but not done yet. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

then its right time now Cool instead of a review page, make it Testimonial page!! Wink

Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Let's just wait for Hemal to figure it out and breat it open for us. :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hey will try, and ur testi.........kuch soch ke.........achhasa

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

+10, Cool idea. It will add to more credibility to a website ( that is, if you get your testimonials from credible bloggers). Hope this gives you some inner peace hehe.Smile  I will try to find out something relevant on google.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

hehe Abhi.. yeah i think its a cool idea.. but wanna know if you guys will give out testimonials?

Its like Testimonials on Orkut.. thats where the idea struck me..

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

hemal, if you are using wordpress, you can add a testimonial widget in your sidebar. It displays a random testimonial from your visitors every time you refresh the page.

and yes, i will write a nice one for you, dont worry abt that Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Abhi nice man.. I didnt knew we had a testimonial widget. Lemme check out. or if you know of it already, can you please share the link?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

and btw, that Inner Peace is a rip off from KungFu Panda 2 Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread