Nivedita would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.india-shopping-guide.com/blog/ ]

I am very new to blogging - Looking for some honest feedback

Nivedita
Nivedita
from Chennai
13 years ago

It is a shopping blog, where I intend to put some useful information related to shopping in India (anywhere). Nature of posts vary from reviews to information about various products/services/stores.

Please let me know what you think of it...I would really appreciate honest feedback. I intend to make it better -so I could ceratinly use some constructive feedback from all you guys :) 

Replies 1 to 8 of 8
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Nivedita,

You have a fabulous blog with unique content. Kudos for that! The template and the theme look very nice and they are soothing to the eyes too. I couldn't find anything that I can point out to you for your further improvisation. Really!

Since you have stressed on honest, I must add that this is my honest feedback:)

Keep shopping and Keep writing,

http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/

Nivedita
Nivedita
from Chennai
13 years ago

Hi Arti,

Thanks so much for the feedback, pretty motivating :). I am glad that you liked the content as well as the layout. Though I was quite apprehensive about the layout.

I have read your blog earlier as well, and I keep going back every now and then. What I like the best about your blog is that it is full of pictures and good ones at that. Makes reading a pleassure :)

Cheers

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

very informative blog and focussed content.

I think the blog theme needs work. Its a shopping blog, and who loves shopping? Women. Your theme can changed and a more appropriate one can be used to give a fun experience to female visitors.

If you agree, then find a theme as per the following conditions:

1. Shows visuals of the posts in the excerpt on the home page.

2. Has some nice colors which are , errr, girly.

The blog you are using is also good, but it is not trendy enough. If you intend this to be a news on shopping blog, then you can leave it as it is.

Nice info, keep writing.

Nivedita
Nivedita
from Chennai
13 years ago

Thanks a ton for your feedback buddy.   Honestly, even I have been wanting to make the theme a little perkier.  I will try and incorporate your suggestions.It is not entirely news related to shopping. We intend to provide a mix of- information, reviews and news about various products and services. having said that we have done few reviews on products like apple ipad, nokia X2-01and portal-2 (the video game). But yes as you mentioned- largely it would women visiting the blog. I am really glad that you found the blog informative, thats what we are aiming at.I read your posts couple of them... the ones on Indivine.JJ- it is hilarious at some places. Interestingly written.

The Humanist- I just read it in one go, I am quite a turbo fan, the only sport I religiously follow is F1- so your post was pretty nice read for me!

Thanks a ton once again... see you around

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks for the feedback filled with ego-enlarging praise! :o)

Do swing by again when you can. Next post shall be up before next weekend.

I know nothing about F1, or any other sport actually. My only sport is sleeping. Hmm, I think I will blog about that soon. But my jeep is something I am very passionate about. Hopefully will be able to entertain you more...soon. cya around!

Hi Nivedita! You have an awesome blog and it is highly informative. Even the theme is pleasant and convenient.

I suggest that you add hyperlinks to some keywords directing towards your old posts. And be active on Social Networking platforms. A little effort for online marketing will help.

Good luck!

Harsha

http://www.eynjuls.com/harsha

Nivedita
from Chennai
13 years ago

Thanks so much Harsha, really appreciate your feedback. I will surely work on the backlink to older posts. I am trying to d a bit of online marketing, I have an FB page and a twitter as well, but the response has been rather slow. Lets see how I can ramp it up. Any suggestions are always welcome :)

Ishita
Ishita
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Dear Nivedita,

Good website with good information.

Suggestion-

Be on Facebook

Add Subscribe me widget

Have a look at my website - http://www.investmentbazar.com

Kindly provide your suggestion and inputs

Ishita

Nivedita
Nivedita
from Chennai
13 years ago

Thanks Ishita, checked out your website, very neat and organised. Especially the Investment article section- it is well categorised.

Thanks for your suggestion I will work on the subscribe me widget.

Ishita
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Thanks Nivedita..Keep blogging..