Alexa Rank

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

Have you installed Alexa toolbar in your browser and added Alexa traffic widget in your Blog? This is the first and most important step to increase Alexa rank.

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Ascending
Shinjini Mehrotra
Shinjini Mehrotra
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

I don't think wordpress.com blogs can install an alexa widget, because they use scripts, which wordpress doesn't allow. Any other suggestion for us?

Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Go through this article. It will help you to add alexa widget in your wordpress.com blog. If you are facing any problem, can come back.

Satya Prakash
Satya Prakash
from Patna
13 years ago

Alexa count your nofollow link also. Keep on posting on blogs. 

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

This is mighty strange. Installing a toolbar increases your rank? Then what good is that rank. Surely should depend on something better to check the blog's placement on the web.

Cheers

suraj78
from Latur
14 years ago

Alexa only rank blogs on the basis of the stat sent by toolbars to them. That's why if you own a blog and working on it means you are refreshing it again and again then it will send some stat to alexa and it is helpuful for increasing the rank.

Thats why blogs related to webmasters have good alexa because all readers are webmaster with alexa toolbar Cool

Fortystones
Fortystones
from Allahabad, India
14 years ago

yea i agree.. the toolbar helps boost ur alexa ranking noticably! u can install alexa toolbar and put ur blog as the homepage.. it helps too ;)

Naveen
Naveen
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

I've and I've found a considerable jump in my Alexa rank. From 2.15 million when the Indirank was published 3-4 days back, it has reached 1.45 million. The Indian rank has reached around 50,000. These numbers are just awesome 4 me! :)

<a href="http://nkr4068.blogspot.com">A Journey to the Unknown Spaces!</a>

Naveen
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

That link to my blog didn't work!Laughing 

A Journey to the Unknown Spaces!

Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

You were very much active in the forum when indirank was updated and many indibloggers installed with Alexa toolbar might have visited your blog.

Naveen
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

Yeah, might be, but i was shocked at the improvement! Got the adsense activated 2 days back too, some good days 4 my blog it seems :)

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
14 years ago

My blog's Alexa rank was 12M 10 days ago... Now it is 1.8M  Laughing

suraj78
from Latur
14 years ago

Getting 2m from 10m is not hard because if you are getting more than 20 to 50 users per day then it will reach to 2m but real battle begins when you will reach to 100k Cool

R Saraswathan
R Saraswathan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Alexa Tool Bar does not work on Google Chrome, Why Sujith?

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
14 years ago

it does , i use chrome ,n i jus installed te alexa toolbar !

Naveen
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

It does, i've been using Chrome for ...well years now & I've Chrome installed with Alexa toolbar for some months now! 

suraj78
from Latur
14 years ago

If you are trying to install the toolbar from alexa site then it will not work because that toolbar is given for Firefox. Here is the extention for chrome

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/cknebhggccemgcnbidipinkifmmegdel

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

Go through this

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
14 years ago

thanks Sujith !

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
14 years ago

ok , jus put te alexa widget up on my blog , lets see if it works out ! thanx guys ! Smile

Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

Install Alexa toolbar also and see the result.

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
14 years ago

ok done , lets see ! thanx Sujith ! ne tweaks required ? plz enlighten me ! Smile

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
14 years ago

What is advantage by increasing Alexa rank..apart from indirank?

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
14 years ago

alexa is like global traffic rank , n better alexa rank wil give u better indirank ! n also increase ur GPR....so u knw , its kinda cool !

Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

Nothing, but it is interesting to experiment with Alexa. We can't equate the direct traffic and Alexa traffic stats.

Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
14 years ago

@Sujith...is it free ? they say u cn customize te graph , bt tat mite cost , wudnt it ? 

Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

Alexa wideget is free. You will get more graph options and traffic details if rank is less than 100k

Just a pen in my hand
Just a pen in my hand
from Agartala
14 years ago

hey Sujith , hw do u do ? need some help plz , i put te alexa meta tag in my blog , but alexa cudnt find it...is it something wid te theme or sumthng ? 

http://darkcoffeebeans.blogspot.com

Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

Go to this page and get your widget and add the script in your blog.

suresh kumar g
from hyderabad
13 years ago

insall alexa widget on ur blog and use alexa toolbar on ur browsers and your friends computers also that will boost your alexa ranking

# you can ask your friends to review your blog :) visitors will have an idea by seeing the reviews..

LockSign in to reply to this thread