Indiblogger rank display on wordpress hosted blog

Nitin
Nitin
from New Delhi | Allahabad
14 years ago

Dear Fellow Bloggers,

I am new to blogging as well as Indiblogger. In the recent August rankings, my blog got its first ranking. I wish to put the ranking on my blog as well.

I went through the entire procedure of creating the widget but just dont know how and where to put it.

Mine is a wordpress hosted blog (i.e. wordpress.com and not wordpress.org).

Need your help.

Thanks in advance.

India Remixed

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Ascending
Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Nitin, you could have done it simply by placing the code in the text widget in the sidebar. But unfortunately, wordpress.com does not allow javascript. Nor can you edit your theme.

Nitin
Nitin
from New Delhi | Allahabad
14 years ago

Hi Hemal,

Thanks for the prompt response.

However, the dit theme option does not appear in my case.

Now what?

Nitin

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

hmmm.. i dont have a wordpress.com blog, neither i have used one.. i jumped directly to wordpress.org self hosted blog... am sorry it didnt help... lets wait for other wp users to comment here... btw, have you tried the widget option...

you can try this: in the available widgets, you should see a widget called text. drag and drop that on the sidebar tab on the right... and then you can add your code there! try it, i dont know if you can find that option there... but still give it a shot

Wink hope this works for u

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Nitin, on this page you will find the widget.

http://www.indiblogger.in/widgets_indirank_customize_wpcom.php?id=11421

IF you wish to put this under the sidebar, go to your wp-admin > Themes > Edit Themes > sidebar.php

In this, you gotta find a place where you wanna put it.. in the following fasion...

<li>

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:160px !important;  height:130px !important; background-image:url(http://www.indiblogger.in/widgets/img/indirank_grey.png) !important; background-repeat: no-repeat !important; background-position: left top !important; background-color:transparent !important; border:none !important;"><tr><td style="border:none !important; height:20px !important; text-align:center !important; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; font-size:10px !important; color:#333 !important; background-color:transparent !important;">hemalshah.net/blogs</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="border:none !important; vertical-align:top !important; padding-left:10px !important; background-color:transparent !important; padding-top:0px !important; text-align:left !important"><a href="http://www.indiblogger.in/blogger/10927/" target="_blank" style="background-image: none !important; text-decoration:none !important; color:#666666 !important; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; font-size:60px !important; font-weight:bold !important;  padding:0px !important; margin:0px !important; background-color:transparent !important; line-height:60px !important;">70</a><span style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; font-size:12px !important; font-weight:bold !important; color:#666666 !important; text-decoration:none !important">/100</span></td></tr></table>

</li>

I hope this helps... make sure you do this between the <UL> tags </UL>

The code i have used, so make sure that you copy paste yours.... 

LockSign in to reply to this thread