Bug on Safari 4.0 for IndiBlogger.in home page

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Hi Renie, the site seems to have a problem in working with Safari 4.0 beta which was released recently. The problem seems to be div id mainbox, the padding element. can you check this out. This mainbox is pushed down in the center below both the sidebars. Safari uses improved compliance to W3 regulations and i believe this has something to do with that.Also I have faced some problems while posting replies in forums. I get an error message below the textarea box "A Value is required." and the text box jumps right into the right hand side bar. If I insert a smile, then too I get the same error.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Ascending
Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Yes i had the same issues on safari 4 beta as Hemal has pointed out, though i don't understand the technicals.

There's one more i would like add which maybe specific to me since it worked previously. Whenever i select the text & click the link icon, the box appears & everything looks ok but it is foggy & unresponsive. But previously (3-4 days back there weren't any such hassles). In the status bar it shows "1 error & Develop>Window Activity." Please guide me, i don't have programming background.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Yes Pushkar... thanks for pointing that out. I had forgot to mentioned it.

@ Renie, this is a problem with the Tinymce. Insert does not work and the div hide show with AJAX has some compatibiltiy probs. So, effectively, if I add the smile on a post in Safari, it will go blur.

Is it an option to switch from TinyMCe?

I dont know whether you had considered any of the following?

xinha and fckeditor. I have used them and have found TinyMCE better, but you may consider these for testing purpose. TinyMCE is better for a Content Management System which is a full fledged system and i dont really thing forum posts needs all that. xinha or fck should suffice.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Ouch... time for some Safari specific css rules... or rather, time to throw out the IE-specific ones.  Smile

"div id mainbox, the padding element" - thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot for us. Will update this topic once we've got it checked out.

Anwin, muchos gracias for bringing this topic to my attention. I've moved it to the IndiBlogger.in Questions category.

LockSign in to reply to this thread