Links with viruses

Lahari
Lahari
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Indiblogger,

Recently, I have tried to click some interesting topics on Indivine and later found to be not trusted websites. The McAfee security indicator and Mozilla's WOT showed that these websites are not trusted websites.. Though Indiblogger checks for spam,viruses before submission, it will be great if some extra measures are taken to avoid such websites..

Lahari

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Ascending
Utsav Chakraborty
Utsav Chakraborty
from Navi Mumbai
14 years ago

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=4719

This guy's blog is riddled with malwares, adwares and possibly, cockroach eggs...

Lahari
Lahari
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Manav,

Thanks for checking.. But I am very sure my virus software is working perfectly. I am happy to hear that the website is clean. I just wanted to bring it to notice to Indiblogger that there are few websites which shows such potential threats for viruses or malwares or phising problems. 

Thanks to Indiblogger for taking my request into consideration.

Thanks

Lahari

Lahari
Lahari
from Bangalore
14 years ago

The website I referred to had this topic"How to run the CEOs" and the website was "desicreative.com".  When I clicked to read this topic, both WOT and McAfee site advisor warned with a red indicator..Thanks to Indiblogger for taking this issue into concern..

Thank you

Lahari

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey thanks for bringing this to our notice. Some blogs use widgets from third parties who aren't too concerned about security - these widgets can be compromised by malware. We have similair alerts popping up via Kaspersky when we run the IndiRank crawler. We'll see if Mcafee security advisor or Google has an API where we can check for malware before allowing a post on IndiVine.

Lahari
Lahari
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. I use the 2010 version. So far Morzilla works really fine for me. As it supports both WOT and McAfee site advisor.. Neeways thanks for the quick reply.. I just felt like bringing this to notice to Indiblogger as one of the website which I visited today thru Indivine had this problem.

LockSign in to reply to this thread