This day last year Instead of Top Posts

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Woah, so I saw it for the first time I guess.

The homepage displays "This time last year", a special tribute to the top posts instead of Top posts for the day. Never saw it happening before.

One important discussion from the forum: Should this be replaced instead of Top posts as everyone isn't in likable factors with the system.

Thoughts? :)

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Ascending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

They changed it back. Innocent

Too bad. I can see why the people against it were against it. They've been consistently on top everyday.... Not sure why. I know how... :)

IB has to find a better way to display talented blogs on it's home page. It is doing itself a disservice the way it is today.

But that is my personal opinion..

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Was yesterday a significant day for Indiblogger or as such?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I don't think so. It might be an experiment.

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Perhaps.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

yes.. i know what it was...but i wont tellWink

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Katti UndecidedTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

nd lying Tongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

But there is a problem with this concept. For literary / tutorial / personal blogs (to a certain extent), this concept is fine. But what about tech news, news etc where the content makes no sense after a year Tongue out

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

They anyways get more traffic than they deserve. So frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

TF 1k visits per day for non-personal and fiction blogs is nothing. Sealed

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I think this is a great idea. Now people who play vote-vote will have to wait an year to see the results of their hard work. It will inculcate the virtue of patience and thus build character.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

ok! Now, I understood the concept. I was thinking that this will continue for a year and then, we will have the normal thing. Foot in mouth

Good that I played vote-vote on a post before this change. Money mouth

From where does Renie get such brilliant ideas? Smile

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

And It continues for today too, looks like its permanent.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Like like The Thindu's 'This day That age' feature Tongue out

How to like it?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

NSV Sealed

* This one sounds like The Hindu's 'This day That age' feature. 

Now, is this ok? Tongue out

Deepika
Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

OMG!!! Good observation Tanishq 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

:D

Shweta
Shweta
from Basel
9 years ago

Well, not sure if the team has noticed this....most of the posts on this day last year displayed on the top page are related to a contest that ran this time last year by  Indiblogger & Sunsilk "Recharge your hair; Recharge your life"....now that contest isn't live....how would it help me to read this? 

I really dont think its a great idea.

Shweta
Shweta
from Basel
9 years ago

I am not in favor of this day last year instead of top posts.....my reasons as below

1. it totally defeats the purpose of people reading and voting for the latest blogs

2. for the bloggers who put in effort to write their best will never see themselves on the top page, this will reduce traffic to their blog and defeat the purpose of posting it on such groups to better SEO

3. It's history what happened last year, it can be a section....suppose a blogger write's on movie reviews, who wants to read reviews of movies released last year....live in the present is what I think. 

Rest will have to abide by indiblogger team as I dnt have access to backend ;)

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

True, I believe so too. There should be a section for this to commemorate each day of last year.

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Indiblogger should give them a special badge, "Indiblogger Specials"  or something like this.

We can contribute to the discussion only if we know how these posts were arrived at, to be chosen as the best of last year's posts

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

They came on that page because these were the posts which were the top posts for 24 hours That day.

Ok. Just figured it too.

Just noticed this. I posted on IndiTalk and you did on forum

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I posted before seeing your chat :P

Yes sir. You win.

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Cry Itni khushi, mujhe aajtak nahi hui...Cry

Sushmita