A new contest has been launched. 

Details:

https://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=130

Replies 161 to 180 of 203 Descending
Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
9 years ago

@Gaurab - Thankyou for saying it out loud. Also, like Nandini said, people are being unneccessarily mean to an individual. Results have been delayed by a much longer time before. I am sure the team is doing something to expediate the results process. We, IndiBloggers, are better than this. Smile

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Basically, its this contests' frustration that is being put on people who comment. It doesn't happen on every post, or topic.

Arunima Basu
Arunima Basu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

So much frustration and fights,still no update of results!:-/

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
9 years ago

Tongue out

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I do agree with all the points and both the perspectives. There are some points I would like to point out specifically.

• To all those who comment uselessly, they most certainly and most of the times help other bloggers too.
  • As far as the smileys, redundant comments are concerned, those are followed by the 'usual' thanks after the help is done. 
  • IndiChat does not retain messages, if there is a specific things which is to be told by someone to the ones reading about the topic - then indichat is not possible. 
  • I haven't seen any reply being out of topic. Never. Even the so-called joking replies are based on the topic itself.
  • I agree sometimes it becomes a frustration, when someone checks the forum in order to expect an update but stumbles upon these comments. But what should we do? Keep quite, silent until the result is come. I think - probably everyone posting, "When is the result coming?" again and again is redundant too. In such cases, we putting on some humour is a better action.
  • In all, we need to understand too - the situations and condition, but I think they are highly subjective, since we are following the rules.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I'll do one thing - take the latest 100 topics and remove irrelavent comments, jokes, smileys, redundant replies - basically remove all the noise and see what remains! Laughing

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Tanishq, :-*

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Exactly! But the point is - nothing is irrelevant, all those jokes, creative replies are on the topic itself. And now how can a blogger who writes on topics ranging from diapers to human philosophy not be creative?

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@Tanishq, I wrote similar short reply with few points as face to face but that one 'not' deleted by IB Admin but IBPolice Tongue out.

Make sure your above reply with points doesn't go in such a way.

Shruthi Nayak
from Manipal
9 years ago

Looks like Tanishq's English paper went well :) Oh God!! Now that's out of topic.. Just indirect ways of supporting Tanishq here :)

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hahah, Thanks a ton Shruthi :D And yes, it went really well :D

Chandresh Jain
Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
9 years ago

Iss Raat ki Subah nahi ... Results would be out by .... ? 

Why do we need a forum thread to get results???????????????????????? IB needs a way to communicate results via some other direct 1-way means. IB informs you the result, nobody chitchat. This forum is fine as is. If you've ever been to any "user forums" they are much like this. Bottom line : expecting to get results from a forum thread is just wrong.
TechChumz
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I agree. Why don't we simply have latest announcements scrolling on the top of the IB homepage?

The announcements should be

latest happy hour, new contest, results announced, bloggers meet, any change to happy hour or contest submission requirements.

Why do we always have to have bloggers create forum threads or painstakingly check not just for results but all this stuff? Not all of us recieve the mails and anyway they are sent too late. And most of us do not have so much time. IB, please have the announcement scrolling feature to which we bloggers can subscribe as feed (if possible)

In that case, we won't get emails of forum threads, just the feed of the announcements.

A separate Contest tab at the top, show all the conttest with NEW, ACTIVE, SUBMISSION CLOSED, RESULTS status. Allow the ability to participants to "follow" the contest of their choice. Display winners there against each contest.

Take the contests off the forum.

TechChumz
from Bangalore
9 years ago

good idea, and that should include HH too, I think. But err, contests will still be discussed on the Forum I think, bloggers cannot be prevented from opening such topics. Only, those who are not inclined need not track the topic, that's all.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

Ojesh..you get those in indistatus

Nandini, I do realise that some of the data is available on Indistatus. I was simply stating that the Contest page should hold all this information.

On the subject of Indistatus>

Contests should be sorted in reverse chronological order ( most recent first).

Why do I have to hit the browser back button to go back to IB Home?

It's very flashy, but the contest details may be better served with a simpler table format.

Move the completed contests to an Archive page and thus reduce clutter. 

Keep it simple!!

yup. ALL contests. Given the growing importance of the contests in so many blogger's existence this would be a welcome addition. Some bloggers, I think, exist solely for the purpose of contests, in that they write nothing other than contest entries on their blogs. ( Which is fine by me... to each his own reason for having a blog.)

This would really clean things up. For me: having never entered a contest, if I wanted to start entering today, I would not know

• where to find the contest
  • prize details
  • where to find specific rules for that contest
  • how to submit
  • when to submit
  • submission details ( how many submitted, how many rejected, my number in the queue etc)
  • results

A dedicated section devoted to contests would help a lot.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Some bloggers, I think, exist solely for the purpose of contests, in that they write nothing other than contest entries on their blogs. ( Which is fine by me... to each his own reason for having a blog.)

I don't really think you are fine with. Else, you would have never mentioned it. Innocent

au contraire, Ranjith, I am at this very moment readying a blog that will be dedicated soley to contests. Even though it is not on IB yet, I am already starting to fill it with contest entries.

Everyone hs different goals: I respect that. I do have an issue with bloggers who do slipshod work, plagiarise and make no attempt to improve or learn.

Wink

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
9 years ago

Tongue out

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
9 years ago

This one has become a pain now. Results please, IB? 

Since the contest is off the front page, we have to check this thread evey now and then just to know if the results have been declared.

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

You can check the 'first answer' and onward after this thread created, to know the result!

@Priyanka Roy Banerjee: I totally agree with you. I have to keep checking for the results for this one. I had conducted a survey for this contest because I absolutely loved the topic. It's a debate overall. That's why I am hoping I might get something :P Lulz But why are they not announcing the results? :-/ :/
Priyanka Dey
Priyanka Dey
from Delhi
9 years ago

*YAWNS*

*Yawns* *Sleeps* *Wakes up after 12 hours* *checks Indiblogger* *Result still not announced :P
Manjit Banerjee
Manjit Banerjee
from Calcutta
9 years ago

IB guys - this thread seems to be never ending. I tweeted you guys too, but no reply there either! 

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

4 weeks have passed since the last result related update on this thread. This is really frustrating.

Anuja
Anuja
from Bangalore
9 years ago

c'mon now we need results ..........................waiting......................Surprised still waiting.................???????

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Phir se tension chaalooo...Laughing

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Explore Digital India on a Moto E which munching sing. food. These results will be declared soon. Tongue out

3 months= 90 days and 201 posts. That means if there is only one judge for this contest, even then all that person needs is to spend 15/20 minutes daily for reading 2 posts(approx) What's the problem with the contest? Ms Uppal is so much active on Facebook while she has no intention to announce the result for this one once her purpose is served i.e publicizing her book.

Finally someone has said it out loud. Thank you!
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

And perhaps when the result comes out, we'll find out that the message is clear...only the ones who have written against Pre-marital sex might take away all the accolades Not that I'm complaining...just that I should have understood this before writing this post. Gah...good morning :)

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

At least ek aur same book bhejdo...thaake balance bhi hojaye Wink aur result bhi bhool jaye Laughing hamesha ke liye.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Why is everyone behind PU? Undecided It was never said that the winners will be chosen by her! Surprised

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Common sense. That's the only name people know for this contest. Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Normally, everyone keep chanting Renie's name. Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

there was actually some name of agency given..all contest entries will be judge by so n so...i forgot the name...but it wasnt written that poonam will judge entries,.that i remember well.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Poonam was also there :o

Winners will be chosen by Being Social & Poonaam Uppal. Judge's decision will be final.

https://web.archive.org/web/20141209035545/https://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=130

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

o.O okie O.o

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Prizes also were there Tongue outWink

LockSign in to reply to this thread