IndiRank should be IndScore

It is not a rank. A rank would imply a positon on a scale consisting of all the entire population of IndiBlogger members. So, for example, <an_awesome_blog.com> is the # 51st of all the blogs on Indiblogger.

What IndiRank seems to be is a Score, which is why my score is the same as a whole host of others. It does not tell the position (rank) amongst bloggers. It does not seem to be a percentile either. I don't think my IndiRank of 77 means I am in the 23rd percentile, where 77% of the population is ranked below my rank.

So what exactly is IndiRank? What does it really tell us about the blogger? If it is based on MozRank, Alexa, juice passing etc, then I cannot explain how the IndiRank went up since last month. (The month before was passed off as a change in algorithms - also did not make sense given the scores on each criteria. The only explanation was a penalty imposed for improving your Alex rank)

MozRank is the same, Alexa is better (why no penalty this month - see above?) , Juicepassing is worse, frequency of posting is the same. I don't understand the "Updated" stat at all. Is this about adding pages, modifying the site, etc or just new posts? New posts is taken care of by Frequency of Posting. Most bloggers are not going to change the site itself everymonth. So what is this 'Update" score?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Ascending

Yes - you're probably right. The funny thing is I get hardly any traffic from Indiblogger. I don't think my blog has any appeal here, except for a 2 or 3 regular visitors. When I compare my stats with others with the same Indirank, they display hit counters running into lakhs. I haven't even got to 8,500 in 2 years.

It's all very confusing. All I want is a way to gauge if my writing is resonating with people. The primary objective was to learn how to write and how to engage people. This is why I like comments, I really don't get much for votes or "Likes".

Whatever! I go write.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

why so serious about Indirank!

I hate to be confused. I don't like mysteries and I like to get the logic behind things. It's not the rank, I care about. I just like to know how things work.

One of my favorite shows when I watch tv, is "How it's made"....

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

well my rank is 73 from past 3 months even after things doing great otherwise.I still diont care because the logic seems to be confused in itself.

That's my point. The logic is messed up and it drives me crazy that it is messed up.

The actual score is immaterial to me, because my objective isn't to win some kind of Indirank contest, but to learn how to write.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Well your question has your answer 

Valid point, but rank sounds better than score Cool

So stop worrying about Indirank and write?

I suppose you're right, but I hate unexplained mysteries....

Another point: Why doesn't Indirank use the Indivotes as well, as a factor? Correct answer: the vote thing is totally meaningless!

In a way, the ranking considers IndiVotes too, since the ranking is based on visits to the site and voting means visiting the site.

I'm for IndiVotes. They tell me who read my post. Otherwise there is no way to find out, unless the reader comments.

LockSign in to reply to this thread