Blogger dashboard problem!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi friends,

I need some help from you. Smile

Since the last couple of days, whenever I publish a post in blogger -- the post does not show up in dashboard at that moment in time. However, it does appear later, am not sure exactly after how much lapse of time but it's a pretty considerable time gap.

For ex. I have published a post right now but it is not showing in dashboard, however, I am anticipating it will be visibile tomorrow morning.

Any one else experiencing a similar problem, or is it just my blog going through the pain? And, what should I do to correct this issue? Frown

Thank you.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Ascending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Update II - I posted this topic in Google Product Forums (link - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/blogger/Am1An-i8iGY/7rdRlyDUc2sJ)

And this is the reply I received: (Copy - Pasting below)

And, what should I do to correct this issue?

Other than trying if clearing the Post Feed Redirect to one of your  two feedburner feeds corrects the issue, not much you can do.

Though, any particular reason your domain A-record is only this: 

myyatradiary.com.       1800    IN      A       192.31.186.12,

when it should be this : ?

myyatradiary.com. 3600 IN A 216.239.32.21

myyatradiary.com. 3600 IN A 216.239.34.21

myyatradiary.com. 3600 IN A 216.239.36.21

myyatradiary.com. 3600 IN A 216.239.38.21

--------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone help me decode this reply? I am "almost" clueless. Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Partial decoder aa gaya Tongue out

Other than trying if clearing the Post Feed Redirect to one of your  two feedburner feeds corrects the issue, not much you can do.  

Settings > Others > SIte Feed > Post Feed Redirect URL  > Click Remove > Save Settings

http://i.imgur.com/obY4GLC.png

The A records, I too should look into it. Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ooops, so sorry Ranjith, forgot to thank you earlier. Embarassed Thank you so much! Smile

I have a question, will removing those feed settings not have any impact on any other things like updates, etc.? I mean to ask, is it safe to remove it?

And did you look into those A records? What are they and why are they messed up in my blog? Frown

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

He is saying that you can try clearing the "Post Feed Redirect to one of your  two feedburner feeds corrects the issue"

Clearing has to mean some sort of clearling the cache. You can remove and add one again (same name perhaps so that link doesnt break) and try to see if this helps the issue. 

A-Records / CNAME are bascially domain records and settings of a custom domain. What this person is checking with you is bascially, according to him/her your domain name should ideally be pointing to 216.239.32.21 (34.21, 36.21, 38.21) but it is not. It could be possible that he may not be aware that 192.31.186.12 should work. 

You can try changing this to see if this helps. You will have to reach your Domain service provider to assist you / login to your Domain Manager access. Read this one with domain set up help for GoDaddy domains. It will be similar for every others, except for the look and feel and possible location of where you can find the link to change A Records/CNAME. 

If doesnt, you can always revert back. However, it may take a few hours before it is completely syncronized with all the Domain Name Servers. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Ooops, so sorry Ranjith, forgot to thank you earlier. Embarassed Thank you so much! Smile

Laughing

I have a question, will removing those feed settings not have any impact on any other things like updates, etc.? I mean to ask, is it safe to remove it?

Yes, it is safe. They won't impact other things. But I feel that it won't be correcting the dashboard problem. Innocent

And did you look into those A records? What are they and why are they messed up in my blog? Frown

I was wondering why that person asked you to change them when they are working. I think you can leave them that way. Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Indianomics!  Hey. It's good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Thanks a ton for taking the time to help, Hemal and Ranjith. These A records sure sound scary. Thing is I don't like to fidget too much with these things. I am sure you understand why. Tongue out I am happy to hear that I can leave things as they are. Will do the feed bit though. Only that -- that makes it so much more easier for me. I hope my reading list will mend its ways pretty soon. Thank you very much once again for all your help. I am grateful! Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I am doing well @Arti and wish its the same with you - hope the issue gets resolved by itself. :)  

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Update I - Again the post was visible in the dashboard after a lag time of around 12 hours. 

I am terribly concerned by this erratic behaviour by blogger. Frown

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Update: Seems to be working fine for now. Innocent Thank you, everyone. Smile

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ok! Little late in updating but I published a post few days back which again did not appear in the dash board in real time. Though the lag this time around was not that great but 10 minutes.

What next? Any solution? Innocent

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Infact, this is a problem I've been facing for the last 3-4 months.. + the formatting issues always exist...loads of "space" between lines and images and etc.

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Gosh, you mean your posts don't show up in "Reading list" in real time for the LAST 3 MONTHS? Surprised That must be really annoying for you, Sammya.

+ ...  the formatting issues always exist...loads of "space" between lines and images and etc.

You nailed it! I never understood how blogger works with their formatting buttons. I will tell you how it works for me. Text formatting to 'Trebuchet' in chrome works out differently than the same text formatting when done in firefox. And then, of course, there are a host of other problems like these. I wonder if we will ever be able to decode the mysterious workings of Blogger.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You will have to meddle with the HTML if you want to formatting to be exactly the way you want. Because the graphics editor also should produce the html, it's working won't be as smooth as MSWord Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I wonder if WE will ever be able to decode the mysterious workings of Blogger.

Exception: My 'WE' is excluding the likes of Ranjith. Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Arti Tongue out

I don't face such an issue with blogger.  May be you must clear browser cache and check again as Ranjith said.

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks, Alex. Good to know things are well with Blogger from your end. I have cleared browser cache now, let's see how things go.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

@Arti, maybe this is some local issue with the browser you're using. Try clearing the browser cache to see if the problem is resolved. As far as I can understand from your query, the post you are publishing isn't visible under Posts in your blogger dashboard, instantly, but appears after some time. It however gets published on your blog. If it isn't getting published too, try checking for scheduling feature available for posts.

One thing I'm sure of and it is that I didn't face this issue the last time I posted on my blog, yesterday. I'm saying this with confidence because I'm used to edit even my published posts too, which I'm able to do because the new post appears there in my dashboard.

It would be helpful if you could also tell us whether you face this issue normally, or this is someting new you're experiencing. If it's something new, try recalling any changes you did to any of your blog's settings.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

CK I just posted 4 articles and never faced any problems like the above.  However blogger does seem to behave a little odd since Saturday.  

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks much for your valuable insights, CK! Problem is my post is not visible in the "Reading List" of my followers as and when I am publishing it but appears at a later time. Still, I have now cleared the cache as per your advice. This will be tested once I publish my next post (in 3-4 days, perhaps). Then, I can confirm if this solution worked.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I created some random posts in a test blog and the result - they are not immediately appearing in the reading list. Not sure about how much time it exactly takes. It could also be due to browsing caching. ( But caching by Blogger is probably the actual reason )  But one thing I can definitely say is that there is absolutely nothing that can be done to reduce that delay. Undecided

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks a ton, Ranjith for your reply and for doing the test posts.  I really appreciate your help! Smile

From what I gather, there is some lag it seems from Blogger. Are your test blogs visible now? The post that I published at 9 pm yesterday showed up at 12 night. Will have to keep an eye on this for some time now.  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I deleted those test posts yesterday itself. Foot in mouth

I posted one now, let me see how much time it takes. Wink

Another thing I observed was that once a post on the main blog is deleted, it is not removed from the reading list. Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I made two posts - the first one appeared immediately but not the second one. Undecided

Let me see how many hours/days it takes. Undecided

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This is interesting, I am observing this hitch since the last couple of posts and I really don't like this defer by Blogger. Undecided

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Arti didnt understand your query, you mean to say you cant see your published post or you cant see the post in the draft.blogger.com Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks so much for asking, Vijay. I will try to make this a bit more clear >>

I and all my Google Friend Connect followers can't see the post in the "Reading List" in real time as and when I publish it. The posts appear after a deferred time interval which is something I am not liking.

Cry

LockSign in to reply to this thread