Freelancing

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I saw and read this article (http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-09-22/india/42291407_1_rupee-freelancers-assignments)  in the 22 September 2013 edition of the Times of India.

Does anybody have knowledge or experience with the websites mentioned in the article (i.e., elance.com, freelancer.com, odesk.com)?

Are there other websites that may be better?

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Ascending
Amar Naik
Amar Naik
from Ponda/Bangalore
10 years ago

yes that is true. with free registration there are lot of limitations but u can still apply and try to get job.

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I thank everybody for their helpful replies. Freelancer.com seems to have been the most mentioned, and it was something that I gravitated toward.

A fellow blogger had suggested AyushVedaInformatics.com to me a few months ago, which I looked into and joined, but only after my application to join was accepted. 

It seems that I can simply register/join Freelancer at its website. Is that true? 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I jotted down a whole 2 page essay on this, and when I posted, it just signed me out, :(( no way to get back what I posted, and I didn't even copy the content before clicking the post reply button.Cry I don't want to spend an hour recollecting what all I posted and type it down again.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

That is why I always Ctrl+C before hitting the reply button. Cool

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
@Cyber Putra- should I motivate you to type it again? ;-)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Putra! [[ rolling smiley ]]

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I have seen some web designers, logo designers earning good amount these days..In comparison to this I see increasing competition for content writers...Writers from UK, US and some other countries are charging much higher than Indian content writers.........Freelancing is something which is definitely attracting teenagers as it can be the best part time activity with studies and that's why competition will keep increasing...

Razi
Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

I have membership on elance, freelancer etc., but yet to check them more..!

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Yes some of them are trustable like freelancer, elance, odesk, seoclerk, fiverr etc...I have earned quite a few dollars from them..they r good
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I have used Freelancer.com and serebraconnect.com (now non-existant) as a Freelancer and had earned a very small but decent amount for the projects I did. These sites are trust worthy, but when dealing with Freelancers, remember that during a non-performance / issues with delivery (rare) caused by Freelancer, these sites cannot compensate you with anything. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I tried to use them few years back when I didn't knew anything! Foot in mouth So, naturally, I didn't gain anything. Tongue out

And yes, you can trust those sites. They have been in business for many years. Laughing

Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
10 years ago

Yes, as myself as a freelancer have used this site freelancer.com and odesk.com, to gain clients.. 

This sites can be trusted as they have been there for last 5+years :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread