Why my travel blog feed isn't showing in my profile?

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Hi Guys,

just now I discovered that my travel blog feed is not being retrieved by IB to display in my profile, after I posted my recent travel post! till today the feeds used to be shown almost instantly... I even pinged it in feedburner and feeds are being displayed correctly in my blogger dashboard too... so any hunch??? 

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Ascending
Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
11 years ago

You are more than Welcome Wink

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

cheers!

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

thanks for all related and off-topic info...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Innocent ?

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

where's the confusion dude?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Was that a thank you message or a sarcastic message?

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

i hardly know anything of sarcasm... it was indeed a grateful expression from my side!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Innocent

Now don't ask me again : 'what's the confusion'. Tongue out

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
11 years ago

OK got it thanks.Did you check out my latest post on my site ? Just read it,it will help you in choosing wordpress plugins in future when you will start a wordpress blog.

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ok Wink And Ranjith I will have to wait for next Indirank update right to get Rank for my Blog and can you tell me how Indirank helps ?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

IndiRank in no way indicates how well you write but still it is helpful.

• When people search for blogs on IB, they are sorted by IndiRank - blogs with high IR are shown first - so better exposure.
  • When people click 'Promote' on your IndiVine posts, then the vote count increases by 1+(0.01*Indirank ). For example, if your IR is 75, when someone promotes your post, your vote count increases by 1+0.01*75=1.75. ( If you don't have an IndiRank, value of each vote = 1+0.01*00=1 ) Posts which recieve high votes are shown on the home page. - Better exposure.
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Ranjith Didnt know that vote also counts to IndiRank thanksSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Smile .

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
11 years ago

OK but if he will have that line on his site then he will not lose anything right he will be on safer side.Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

He already has that line in his blog. If that line isn't present, IndiBlogger will not show anything under 'Latest Posts' on the profile page.

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
11 years ago

You shoud add this line of code between <head>over here comes code</head> You will see the feed Immediately and it will also never disappear.

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="your site title Feed" href="http://www.yoursiteurl/feed" />

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Sanket, the problem here is not with that line but with Indiblogger's caching. Read the reply by Arti. Wink

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Your profile is now up to date. Smile

It takes around an hour or so for IB to retrieve the feeds from your blog to your profile. If you check your profile immediately after posting, the profile will not show an update. Always keep a buffer time of 1 hour after publishing of post to check whether the feeds are being retrieved correctly in your profile.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

sorry for being impatient Arti ji...  thanks for teaching this basic indi-fact....

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago
For a doc being impatient is not a good thing bro..try Ramdev :-)

I too saw it. Marvellous creation there doc.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

thanks a lot sirJi

Smile Mention Not AS.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
11 years ago

AS, I am able to see your latest post under your profile.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Pankti, that is the 'IndiVine submission' link that you have given. 'Latest Posts' is a different section in the IB profile (scroll towards the bottom) and it is updated automatically as and when we publish a post on our blog by retrieval of feeds.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
11 years ago

Ok. Thanks, Arti.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

thanks for reading it Pankti!

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
11 years ago

Welcome AS...btw, great article Laughing