IE not supporting blogspot?

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

Recently, I tried opening my blog in Internet explorer and was surprised to see that it was not compatible. Only the post body was visible and the widgets were no where to be seen. Innocent

Can someone please check it for me and help me confirm more on this? And if it is indeed the case, then what should I do to solve this issue?

Also if you blog on blogger, do check your site in IE too and let us know the results.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Ascending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
I tried opening your blog from IE but it only opens your Header. No content is seen. An error saying unresponsive script is shown.
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Only header? Surprised How many add-ons? Which version?

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Nothing except the header is seen. No widgets, no posts. I will have the version from the PC.
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
It is IE7.
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Your blog is opening in IE. Some IE add ons might be interfering. Disable them and try to load the page again.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I hardly use IE for browsing, so that is fine with me but what about the traffic that comes in from the search engines? Not everyone would know about all this disabling options and then, even if they do - why would they care.

But anyways, those concerns apart - thank you for taking the time to check, Ranjith. Highly appreciate it. :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

So, disabling the add ons worked? Which add on was causing the problem?

Not everyone would know about all this disabling options and then, even if they do - why would they care.

That's true but there is nothing that can done- may be there is a workaround but it would be complicated even if one really existed.

Sidenote: Even I had a problem of many pages not being displayed. After around two years, I realised that Kaspersky Anti Banner plug in was the one blocking pages which were related to advertisements.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I dont know what add-on is causing the problem, I can see quite a lot of them in the upper area of the browser. Figuring the culprit out of them would require some time and a lot of effort for me. Innocent Surely, I will check it but for now I have taken your word and am hoping that all is going well for all my readers. Smile

I never knew such problems existed in IE and that there is no cure for it, this is disappointing work from the IE folks.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Arti, it's opening perfectly for me... which IE vesrsion are you using?

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Anunoy da - I think latest version is working fine, I am still using the older one - IE 8.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Ah ok... then I'm sure you'll upgrade it...

Oh wait... I checked my version... it's also 8 point something... Surprised

hope you'll get a remedy with the new version...

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

HTML 5 ?

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I have no idea about that, Puru but the version is IE 8.

Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

HTML 5 is not supported by IE7 and below and sometimes not even by IE 8. This might be a problem. 

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
11 years ago

The last time I used internet explorer at home was 4 years ago. Don't worry about IE, its slowly fading away into oblivion. 

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

True, Shalu. Same here, I use either firefox or chrome. But the worry is that I still see a lot of people coming from IE in my traffic. And, if they face compatibility issues, that would mean a big loss for both.

Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

About 13% of users worldwide used IE in March 2013. However, with IE 10, situation may change a little and Firefox will be the one to take a hit. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread