Good Writer- a good Blogger ?

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Cuz I'm at peace with writing, but my bloggy skills......Frown !!!

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Brevity
1-20
21-24
Replies 1 to 20 of 24 Descending
Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes, what you 're saying so true, but I meant technology...  blogging needs more skills than being  able to do poetry or stories. All the access, traffic, rankings, rates...

in a way tech savvy can excel, but plain writers too can express themselves via blog platform.  but in many cases there work is plagiarized only. so a lot precaution necessary for newbie talents. 

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I'm really grateful for the blog platform - really. Just that my brain fuses @ getting readership and promoting better blog-response, all that which helps yknow..

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Rio, you're right. The fact I'm not techie savvy or wizard  place hurdles in my blogging. Sure, a plain write sans the knowledge of techi parapernalia may fail to make grades in the world of bloggers[ sorry, may be I'm wrong]

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You're right, seriously. And on that note, I must say Ive learned so much just watching everyone here, with beautiful blogs and expression. Am jealous :))

it is the learning zeal that counts, and help emergez

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Emergez. That sounds so good Rio

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Lot of bloggers are non writers too and rely more on skillful use of other media like pictures, videos etc.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

If you look at it - bloggers can be of 2 kinds - writers and non writers.

Writers can be of 2 kinds - creative writers and content writers

Creative writers can be of 2 kinds - commercial writers and artists

And I will add some more for the heck of it

Artists can be of of 2 kinds - Fiction writers and Reality writers

Fiction writers can be of 2 kinds - Real Like fiction writers and Fantasy writers

Fantasy writers can be of 2 kinds - Mythological fantasy writers or Science Fiction writers

Science Fiction can be of 2 kinds - Alien encounters or Furtiristic Projection

Futiristic Projection can be of 2 kinds - Technological or Sociological

Does this give some clarity?

wow dude, nice classification

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Totally. Am comforted. Deep happy sigh.  Am a non tech-impulsive scribbler. Trapeezing between some fiction, some creativity, utterly non-commerce, much reality : ... its a RELIEF that there are others too, maddeningly inept maybe in the art of being ' neat and market - worthy'. One has to be readable, its worth the effort of getting some tech know-how. But whoa -look at the kinds of us on Net. Hey thanks

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Tongue out

Your classification is too long and thin. It needs to be a bit more fat! Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Nice one, Ranjith. I went on explanding only my area of interest. All other branches can similarly be expanded I guess.

nice branchout ranjith

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

When we focus on creative writing alone, from the name itself it is evident that to be a writer is more than just to be a blogger.

A blogger need not be a serious writer. But a writer must be a serious writer. He may not be a serious blogger but that does not matter if he writes through some other mediums.

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Jayan Menon - yep - I guess creative writers and all want their worked viewed the best they can - if you don't Blog right, you wont be easily noticed. There is the Technical demand in all things that must reach another, and that's what can make your written word invisible.If we're blogging we must do what good Bloggees do.

Is that a word - Bloggee ( A person who blogs).

Whatever is a creative writer that blogs...? A CREEBEE  Laughing

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

For me, as I have said sometime earlier that, blogging is just a chance to take out what I have in my mind. Its nothing more than an inspiration to writing.

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

Writers have talent, and therefore a whole team of publishers and distributors to promote their work.

With bloggers, its mostly us self-promoting on forums and social media.

A man sealed a letter in a bottle in a ship 40 years ago, in the name of his grandson, and threw it in the ocean. some days ago it was found by a man in newzealand and he searched the intended recepient to be in Australia. He was very overwhelmed to receive it.

I foresee some hundred years down the line, great grandsons will come across buried blogs, and rejoice.

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... that is so rich funny, yessirrrrrCool

Agencies have started over net to provide after death greetengs to be sent to their kins in their name after their death.

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Seriously ? I suppose they would think of that Embarassedtoo.

yo, they are raking money. 

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Exactly. Which is why writing in this arena can be tuff - if you 're not thinkn Biz.

very true, but one had to be cautious on plagisrism too, 

sorry read had as has

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Exactly..... brrrrrr shiver.... Cry.. pirates in our Net ....

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I got a copy of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables ... wondering how those guys wrote like that without Comps and edits... drafts re-writes ... how did they do it !

I haven't read that. heard of it though. someday will surely read it.

this reminded me of Mark twain'z struggle period as writer. He was rejected by publishers all over. One publisher called him up by mistake. when enthusiastically twain went there, publisher realized he has called him mistakenly. He asked his staff to throw him outta his offic

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Great story there - true talent shines thru ' ... they kept working . Amazing

e, later in life when Twain became a celebrity, they both happened to meet at a party. publisher commented " I feel myself the most prized ass in the world.

writers , keep struggling.

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

RIO ... I havent forgotten, just scared I'll say all the wrong things... help !  Write me a start or something...

your writing style is great, write anything, i won't mind.

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Tx Rio - Smile . Les Miserables ? Is a thick volume in Parts. Now an Oscar nominated movie. Must ee. Tho' am sure, like always, the book 'll score more.  Ive just begun it,  reads good. Dates another century& struggle, but still the story of man.

Quote from Hugo : " The Great Dangers are within us.."

there was a time in my life, no thickest novels would deter me. internet has killed all.

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Rio - my next post will be dedicated to U  :)))  " Why did Rio stop reading books ???"  Surprised

ahh, i haven't stopped reading books, just that mind has facebooked itself, but once a bookworm, always a bookworm. I read stories on blogs now. 

thanks for dedicating post on me though.

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hey kidding - we all succumbed to the net... and TV. Its easier I guess... there was no way we cud have all read each other ths fast. Thrilling to see likes and ' promotes' ... thank you everyone who browses thru'...

aah, now there goes my chance to be a celebrity,Laughing

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Oki ! Shall post... look out.  :)

thanqq in advance. Will be waiting eagerly. ( only good aspects.)Laughing

like i used to climb the oceans to read etc. etc.

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Oh surrrrrrre :) Shall do !

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Ranjith - Artists : Creative & Copied. Ewwww Pirates of the WriterianSurprised

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

Ranjit and TF have given a large classification for writers. In what category do you fall in?

they rise and not fall jayan, Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I've not given any classification. I've just copied the types from TF and made a flowchart. Sealed

yo ranjith

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

Fine then Rio.

In what category do you rise from?

no category can be big enuf to encompass me bro. I am beyond them.Laughing

1-20
21-24
LockSign in to reply to this thread