Suggestion: Why not allow non-bloggers to vote at Indivine?

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
12 years ago

To Indiblogger team:

Don't you think it is a good idea to allow non-members and non-bloggers to vote in Indivine? If you are concerned about spamming/duplicate votes, maybe you can allow readers (non-bloggers) to create an Indireader account and then allow them to vote on posts upon sign in? 

There are a lot of people who want to just read good blogs/posts. Indiblogger already has lists of blog posts appropirately categorized and hence allowing readers to vote on individual posts would help to keep them engaged and come back to read more.

Secondly, it will give a more realistic popularity rating for each post as the current votes gathering process seem to rely more on networking. Networking is good, but quality factors also matters ;)  

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Ascending
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I think and these are my personal views Indibloggers or Indi Vine needs a total revamp, more positive makeover , I find it to mundane , more whiners shadow boxers .. people gunning for other peoples ass your forum sucks , the content in most case wild childish burlesque .. time Renie and his band of magicians  wake up from their stupor  .. the Indi Talk is an insult to Intelligence totally in the hands of a few ... I think its time to be serious grow up and let our kids learn positivity of blogging.. blogging is holistic science that touches even those who merely read dont blog..

And please take this in the right perspective I come to Indiblogger each morning at 6 am.. so I am as passionate as Indiblooger at 60 as much as you at 16..

Have a great day.. in case you want to slam me I am on Google+ Flickr Twitter .. 

Firoze Shakir 

Beggar Poet ..

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

See, a person may get lots of VOTES even though their post is not as good as othersUndecided. This already happensSurprised. If public is allowed then it will increase moreYell. I mean, I can write up a totally WASTE POST with actually nothing in itUndecidedlike a BLANK POSTTongue outand make all my friends vote for itFoot in mouthit will go to top for sure na?Winkbut its not worthy to be thereUndecided.

To avoid all this non-indi members are not allowed voteLaughing

Rajesh K
from Chennai
12 years ago

That blank post might actually be a good idea. Something similar has been tried elsewhere with great success! Smile I am quite sceptical if my friends would create an account and vote for me, but I guess it can be done by some. One good way to try to avoid favoritism in democratic systems is to increase the user base. But then, if elections can be rigged, this is nothing!

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Please understand that 'voting' is NOT the vital ingredient here... what matters more is the coming together of bloggers.

Rajesh K
from Chennai
12 years ago

When I click on Indivine as a reader, I would like to read the best posts that are liked by others. Not the ones that people promote for other reasons than the appeal of the content.  

LockSign in to reply to this thread