No comment form!

Bhagyashree
Bhagyashree
from Los Angeles
15 years ago

Hi all..

I am in big problem ! :(

I added this widget for comments called "Disqus".. i could not see any changes that Disqus was supposed to show.. so I removed those changes from HTML. and now there is no Comment form in my blog... I cannot add a comment! :(

my blog url is www.bhagyashree.co.cc which is on Blogger platform.

and I use Lemon for blogger template..

Any help is welcome ! I have just posted a new post and no comment form is like a big problem for me ! :D

Thanks in advance !

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Ascending
Bhagyashree
Bhagyashree
from Los Angeles
15 years ago

Okay the problem is solved now...

It was neither the template , nor the html code.. but it was because comment settings in posting option for that particular post was disabled !  duh :(

neways... thanks hemal and bala..

It is really curious. The posts that already have comments show the comment link. But your main page doesn't.

I suggest that you load your most recent back up which is uncorrupted and redo all the valid changes you made recently.

I can't think of any other solution.

If you know javascript well, you can study the code of your back up and then compare it with the code of your current page in the region where the comment-related codes are placed and is if there is any difference in the codes. You can then make both the codes exactly the same, which should hopefully set the problem right.

Bhagyashree
from Los Angeles
15 years ago

I am doing the same thing now ! :)

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago
But where is this back up kept. Just restore it. And then do the changes

Although I cannot offer any direct help to your problem, I would like to suggest that before making any major change to your template, it is always a wise idea to take a back up of your blog. It is a simple, one click process.

Had you done this you could have easily loaded your back up when this happened.

If you remember the codes you deleted, try pasting them back again. If you don't, check in the original Lemon for blogger template.

Bhagyashree
from Los Angeles
15 years ago

I have backed up all the template code.  I always do whenever am gonna make any changes...

that's why I am not understanding why this is happening!

neways thanks !

LockSign in to reply to this thread