Are you on Pinterest yet? Lets discuss..

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

The Social Media world has suddenly woken up to the growing muscle power of Pinterest which now generates more referral than Twitter and Google+. I was going through the success story of Pinterest and how it is creating waves in the Social Media Marketting. 

So, what about you? If yes, then what has been your experience so far?

Lets discuss 

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Correct Category
Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Ascending
Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
12 years ago

i had heard about it sometime back.. even went in there to check it out .. but being the crapy leaner I am, I found it confusing. Hence didnt look back .. :-(

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have joined pinterest a few weeks back. It is some what interesting.

I see a lot of mixed opinion about it. I had heard about it's gaining popularity a while ago.

But joined recently when I heard the fact that it was a start-up which included a 19 year old as one of the core team member. Yes, it's no more the same old startup it used to be earlier and has come a long way.

I have even written an article on this guy on my blog.

I am scared to death to post the link as I might attract a lot of criticism. But if you are interested you can visit queensquill.com.

Hope you guys don't mind me mentioning my blog url without the link. I have two blogs and this info is just avoid confusion between the two!

Antara
Antara
from Kharagpur
12 years ago

Joined Pinterest about two weeks ago. Can be very addictive :P

Antara
from Kharagpur
12 years ago

Scratch out the 'Can be' and put in 'Is', to be honest :P

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I joined itSurprisedIts not really niceUndecidedTongue out

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Tongue out

Amruta Marwah
Amruta Marwah
from Eden Prairie
12 years ago

Wow! This thread was so informative...I am new on Pinterest too, and although I like the idea of maintaining a board for books, you have a much better tool in Goodreads.

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Amrutha .. the biggest plus for pinterest is that its very visual. For someone like me who loves photographs Pinterest is a delight 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Pinterest Innocent I just heard the name once and I have the least idea about it. By the way, I don't have my presence on facebook and twitter too....Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

By the way, how should Pinterest be pronounced: P - Interest or in some other way?

Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I guess Pinterest is pronounced as Pin-interest. You know the whole idea of it is pinning!

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Somehow it looks like a kichdi of sorts, better not to hang over there, mostly foreigners with their fancies

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

NODS in total approvalSmile

Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Exactly what Facebook was 4 years back, isn't it ?

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Since so many falling in the category of "Dunno how to use" , shall I send the Pinterest guide which I downloaded from the net ? 

Swapna
Swapna
from New Delhi
12 years ago
I agree with Narendran if you have a design, photography, art kind of niche it definitely gives you a lot of exposure. But the copyright guidelines of Pinterest are still vague and not understood by all. Infact I recently found that according the t&c of pinterest, if any image pinned by you attracts a copyright violation suit, you have the sole responsibility of not only defending yourself but even pinterest.Imagine the legal fees. So be caeful while treading those waters.
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

copyright violation suits in India :P

Swapna
from New Delhi
12 years ago
I know copyright is not taken seriously in India but should be. I just saw this forum discussion http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=11951. Pinning randomly is not encouraged and if one has some original content to share on pinterest then one might actually gain some followers.
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Well agree with you 

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Never heard of itSurprisedTongue out. I need to start reading newsUndecided.

LockSign in to reply to this thread