Future Auto on Indian Road

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The picture is courtsey Team BHP, we can see the changing face of Indian autos, which will be less polluting and secondly it will discipline road driving habits, causing lesser accidents.  Thanks to Bajaj hope others will follow their footstep.  RTO and State Govt tax exemption will go a long way in completely replacing the present autos in metros

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Ascending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am not too sure this will fly. I also wonder why this is going to be called an auto and not a car. The cost factor would be an important issue. Even if it costs same as current auto, thousands of folks have purchased the current autos and are earning a livelihood. They have to continue to run them till their entire life time. They can't just thow their life's investment into junkyard and go buy something new. Also current autos have an agility to make their way throuh traffic that these new ones will lack. I am not sure how discipline will improve. Currently cab drivers are the ones who create maximum ruckus on the road.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Old junk autos can be used in districts, autos can be withdrawn from METRO cities.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You can't decide that, Mr Umesh. Autos are not government owned for them to retire and bring on new ones. They belong to private individuals who have taken loans and bought them. You can't ask them to leave the city and go to the districts. And autos are a convenience. Life was so miserable in Gurgaon without autos. Hyderabad used to have those long autos that could accomodate 8-9 people. Those were horrible and I would be glad to see them off the road. The regular 3 seater autos are agile and convenient transport.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I think Mahindra Gio's version of a 4 wheeler would be more apt to replace the 3 wheeler. Bajaj RE60 can also be an alternative. The real challenge would be to get these 3 wheeler drivers to go for another liccence, that of a 4 wheeler. irrespective of what the manufactures call (car or a 4 wheeler), since the duck box have four wheels, the driver has to get a 4-wheeler licence. This would be the main resistance from the unions. Second would be the drivability / comfort factor of these vehicles during summers. 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe any conversion model will be delicate in terms of handling.  I hope they topple over making drivers to be cautious.  Driving license issued to careless drivers should be responsibility of concerned RTO inspector.

Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

Looks good :)

that's lots of nano size vehicles coming...

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Well, maybe Bajaj may also introduce the RE60 as a new rickshaw version.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I would like to travel in such a decent auto, which is virtually a car, with digital meters.  How about you all ?

LockSign in to reply to this thread