Is there any solutionfor this?

Shanky Sahni
Shanky Sahni
from Ambala
12 years ago

hi Indibloggers,

Currently i am having a blog on blogger.I want to transfer my blog to wordpress.com.all my blogpost can be imported there.But what will happen to my pages indexed my google.What will happen to my readers?Will i have to start from the scratch again?

Please tell me if there is any solution for it?

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Ascending
Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

try to setup a self hosted one .. it will provide you more options to use with Wordpress

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks for the info, Indianomics.  I have moved all my stuff to word press now. But still keeping the word press blog under wraps. Also is it effortless to build free word press blog first and the migrate to self hosted? Or if intention is to move to self hosted eventualuu,  is it pointless to first move to free and try out for some days?

Shanky Sahni
Shanky Sahni
from Ambala
12 years ago

Hi Indianomics,

These are some useful tips.I will try them for sure.Thanks for your help.

Shanky Sahni
Shanky Sahni
from Ambala
12 years ago

hi thanks varma,

but I was looking for some free ways to do that.Currently I am not willing to pay for this.Thanks for the reply and your help.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Since wordpress is better equipped for seo than blogger, this chnage will not tkae much time after the above process. Submit your wordpress sitemap to google webmasters. Submit your wordpress blog to other search engines. Start commenting on other blogs and mention your new blog url. This does appear as a tedious job but once you have done it all, things will be smooth there on. Search engines do not like redirectors and hence i wud not suggest doing that.
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Once you move all your posts to your wordpress blog, leave a link to your wordpress post from blogger at the topof the post content. You can write it this way: "this blog post 'post title' has been moved" and link the whole text. Rest of your content remains there. Since google has already indexed your page on blogger, google will reach your new blog when it bots your blogger blog again. Give it three to six months time till your new blog is up in indexing and then remove your blogger blog.
Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
12 years ago

Basicially its a hard work to convert from blogger to Wordpress ( little easy if you have custom domain setuped in blogger)

If you know rtblog guys, they are doing a perfect job in blogger to wordpress migration, but its a paid service and they charge according to your current blog structure and posts.

If you are interested i can PM/Share/DM on twitter you the link to there site for contacting them ( dont know if i can post the links to external site here in the forum)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am also interested. Somebody please give a comprehensive answer. What all trouble one has to go through? Is moving to a self hosted wordpress blog worth all the touble.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ts, it is worth it, definitely worth moving to wordpress.

LockSign in to reply to this thread