Has anyone noticed that on Indivine the top posts are now the latest ones.

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I was looking for the top posts from few bloggers and realized that I am ending up with their latest posts. Can this be fixed? Earlier there would be posts which have received highest indivine votes under that category.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Ascending
Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago
I agree with what you say Ranjith. Most of the top posts are those which have been entered for contests. ;).
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes, that's the case for most of us since they are the ones which the most attention.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Fardaji And Good Work Renie! Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Waiting for it Renie:)
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Listening, will make the changes soon! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

And can we have another section on our profile page where we can list our best posts (submitted on IndiVine) since the top voted ones ned not necessarily be the best ones on our blog

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I think, instead of overburdening with just one type of posts in the profile page, we can have two seperate sections :-

• Top posts in IndiVine (that Farida ji is demanding)

And

• Latest posts in Indivine

And it would be good if both of these sections have a link pointing to a seperate page conataining more of the resp. posts, as Ranjith says. That way we will have the best of all worlds and everyone will be happy.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

You are awesome Arti.. I love your proposal. Now to wait and watch what Indibloggers have to say.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Is someone listening to Arti?

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Sent a mail to the team. Hope that the error gets fixed.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I still prefer having a look at the top posts of the bloggers. Wonder if that could be done somehow.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
That option is no longer available...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Farida Anything is possible but still I think that it would be a tedious thing if that option isn't available by default

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes, I agree Ranjith. Perhaps, the no. of links on that first list can be made seven instead of twenty? It does seem a tad too much to bear on that profile page doesnt it?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Even I had the same thoughts in my mind. Those links on the profile page make it look like a link dump... Hope that Renie is listening...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
But whats the problem with that! I gives more choice to the reader and visibility to the blogger... Good for both:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

If the team really feels like giving more visibility to the bloggers submissions on IndiVine, they can list just four or five posts followed by a more link which should take them to a page which contains a list of all of the bloggers indivine submissions since the beginning.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Top posts are basically listed from the votes garnered in the 48 hours of posting i believe, popular posts are the ones which can be week old ones too, and highest read posts are located in the respective category.  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Farida was talking about one's profile page and not the IndiVine home page

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

We do have the latest posts below the top posts category.. so we end up with the same posts twice. Who is smart on this?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

There is a small difference between those two lists. The first one lists only those posts which were submitted by us on IndiVine. A post written by us seven years ago can still find a place in this latest posts section if we have submitted it to IndiVine very recently. On the other hand, the second list contains the latest posts on our blog, not considering the fact whether or not it was submitted on IndiVine.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I think that this was intentionally done since the latest posts of a blogger on IndiVine hardly get any attention. This change was implemented some one month back. The team has to either change the title or the content.

LockSign in to reply to this thread