Blogger Reviews: Need help in reviewing

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello everyone!

I need some help in reviewing bloggers who have requested their blog reviews. Many will be disappointed that they havent received a review and I see many who have not even a single review. 

Can we all contribute to make this a better place for everyone? I am trying to do my bit as much as I can though I know I could do better. 

I also wish to convey that if you just want to say "hey nice blog" I am not looking for you. I need someone who can  give honest advice, can help that blogger geniunely. All the techies out there, give out suggestions to them on Themes, Widgets etc. 

ITs a wake up call! Lets see who all answers.

Thanks for reading,

Hemal Shah

PS: Those who can really take a pledge of reviewing at least one review request, please do so on this thread! I cant promise you a gift, but it will bring you happiness... Smile

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: added pledge
Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Ascending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Great! so Thank you to Anunoy for picking this topic back to the top after about a year! 

I am sure not everyone of us have kept the promise, including myself and this is a reminder for myself!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Hemal, it'll be better if we can plan something... like a thread dedicated for the purpose where reviews will be done as first come first serve basis by listed available reviewers... what do you say?

Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago
with the number of blogs added for review each week, that one thread will get filled faster than interested reviewers can review each blog. rather than that, interested reviewers can stick to doin as many as we can do. it.would be quicker and more can be helped. fcfs would keep ppl in queue long and we're not always looking at deep analysis type review I feel. just my 2 pence.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I kinda agree with your approach but, Leo is right too... your solution will be the right one if limited to certain number of people... if it exceeds then it would become a problem - exactly the reason why Review section has been moved to a seperate page. 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Okey.... then no strategy till now... we'll wait till 2013 atleast Tongue out

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

well since it is just around the corner, I am happy to say YES! New Year Resolution... 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

I'm ready to volunteer too Cool

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

*do 1 review...:P

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

okay I dont promise but I will surely try to 1 review per week, however I am still unsure whether my review will be as good as others, and I am farthest from a techie...:(

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

thought of putting some fresh blood to this mummy Innocent

i am still waiting fr atleast cadbury chocolate gift, hemal had promised.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago
@Pramod when did I say cadbury? I said a packet of Happiness... ;)
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Great initiative Hemal Cool And you definitely do a superb job!

I used to be active there, and though not a techie still tried my best to help out with my honest opinions and suggestions. But nowadays its has not been possible for me to hit that part of the forum. Will try though, I already have a few pending to be done up from my side. :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Arti. I know have been active there, kudos to u! It happens to everyone. If we just take some time, we can still do it. Butmgreat work @arti, really u have been awesome on the forum
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

wow.. wow! Kudos, great work, awesome.. ek reply mai itne saare compliments! Thanks, thanks!! Laughing

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Innocent ...itna hi kafi hai, i suppose

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@arti?e
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Forget it... Innocent

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I will try but I am on indi from my mobile 99% of the time. Its not easy to review from it.

DS, dude, stimulate your grey matter, and win d ipad 2, dude, 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hmm, didnt get the connxion here?
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Hemal, he means he'll try for reviews, but its not easy to read the blogs and review from his handset. The mobile version has its issues with formatting etc.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@LEO i did get what DS said dude, but was confused with that @Pramod said.. but now I understand the context.. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Leo, yes thats what I meant. And I still dont get what Pramod meant :-o
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ DS Pramod menat that he would like all the review threads to be displayed on the forum home page also in the latest discussions.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

But considering that the forum may look spammy, pramod said that we can have just one such thread (sticky) clicking on which takes us to teh review section of the forum.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@DS @Ranjith Pramod said that you user your brains so that you can win an iPad and then you wont be having problems about mobile Money mouth

I hope thats clear now?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Aha!! So thats what P meant!! Surely Pramod, with your good wishes, hope I win one of those flashy gadgets:):)
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hehe, deer aaye durust aaye.. :P

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Haha, Sure Hemal:):)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Off topic Hemal - Add me to your network!!!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What off topic?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Hemal Requesting to be added to your network isn't related to this discussion. That is what DS meant by offtopic.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ranjith yeah I get it, we had a good conversation on this.. you dont have to explain me what DS is saying okay? Cool understand that this conversation is told and you can see my reply times as well

I too was going to respond, but saw that it's crystal clear and no explanation is needed. Then retracted.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

the only reason i thot otherwise was thinking if DS wanted to say something off topic (may be critical) and hence he wanted me to add to his network to enable IndiMail. Other wise, it was crystal clear

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Come on guys, we dont need to argue over it:):) Its done and dusted:)
Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

Doing one now. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Welcome onboard! Do as much as u can do, once a day or once in two days as its feasible... If that is in a week too, try to keepdoing that,,, thank you
Nikhil Poddar
Nikhil Poddar
from Kolkata
12 years ago

: Epic Voice On:

Pledge Tken 

:Epic Voice off:

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Welcome onboard :) thank you for the pledge
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I did not get what he meant...

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

he said he takes the pledge to do it.

Epic voice, he means to say that his voice is epic *i dont here it though*

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago

*hear

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I used to do it in the beginning but somehow could not continue with it. I would definitely start it again from the 5th of next month once my exams are over...

Hope that you send the happiness asfely packed to my house... Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thank you dude! Yes, i can already see pacekts being delivered ;)
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
I will do it Hemal. It'll only be possible on weekends mainly, since office and blog reading can't go hand in hand for me like I'm on Inditalk. I think whoever is the color co-ordinator of the site could make the Blog Review button background a li'l more prominent so it stands out more. Same for the Inditalk to show which ping belongs to the person logged in.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That was a good suggestion. I never knew that there exists something called Blog reviews for many days after I became a member of this community...

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Okay abt the riviews, but dint quite understand what u saying abt IndiTalk
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I think that Leo was saying that the background colour of our own replies should be different from blue.... or was it that each person on the IniTalk should be assigned a different background colour!!!

Firstly, review section is omni present, it should be in the form of a sticky thread coming on direct attention to forumers. Like your this thread, if it has theirlinks , it will be directly visible to forumers , and result would be' great. I am no techgeek,but I can give my review on ambience etc. & content.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@pramod reviews section was moved out on a purpose, as the forum itself was flooded with review requests that other threads were burried.
Blog Review button which is on right side of forum, if it can come up on top of the second box looking like a thread , it will get clicks easily, by layman, and reviews would come up more and more, by more people of community. I meant that way.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Can be considered Pramod, yes we can have it more prominent.

thanks hemal, it would be great then.

LockSign in to reply to this thread