The Hope Project contest: Help someone to win!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

New IndiChange contest from Milaap.org - with a different format! Questions anyone?

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=99

Looks like Vijay's crystal ball was right. Perhaps he can make some money during FIFA since Paul the Octopus is no more. Laughing

Replies 21 to 40 of 52 Descending
Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@Milaap  @anyone who knows the answer

For this contest, can I choose any profile from http://milaap.org/fund or only from among the ex-Devadasi entreprenuers from http://milaap.org/campaigns/hope ?Undecided

I am going to publish a post for helping Chitra & Group (http://milaap.org/fund/chitra-and-group/2014). Do not care even if it isn't counted for the contest, I never felt happier writting a post before! But just curious to know if it will come under the contest?

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Saket, if helping Chitra and group makes you happy, you can definitely choose her group and support them! Smile Please go ahead and publish the post for helping them. However, if you were not able to find ex-Devadasi entrepreneurs on Milaap, you can check this link here: www.milaap.org/fund/Karnataka/Enterprise-Development  

Shantinath Chaudhary
Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Well, the most interesting, exciting and applaudable contest so far! Hats off to Renie and team for this idea. I am 100% in for this contest. 

Most interesting thing about this conest is that the funds being transferred, are "loan" NOT "donation"!!! Oh come on! This is really unbeliebable! Why won't someone lend to help enterprenuers who need help most!! Milap people are doing simply superb job with this great, innovative concept!! Kudos to you people. I will be participating both with my blog and with my "loan" too (though I would make it more in the sense of donation). 

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Shantinath, thanks for your kind words about the contest and our loan model. Folks like you, keep us inspired to do more. Infact, the idea of Milaap is to connect you to worthy communities in India and make a difference in their lives. Smile We look forward to your participation and welcome you to our community! 

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Its a pleasure :) In fact apart from these two ways, I would try to look for some more ways to lend helping hands to your noble concept. I am part of a small organisation building up, will see how I can try to spread your thoughts/concepts further, so as to give more momentum to this initiative :) 

Shantinath Chaudhary
Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Ok, here is an interesting question guys. Is it allowed to fund the same borrower whom I am promoting in my blog? (i.e. If I blog about person A and appealing others to fund her work, can I myself fund the same lady?). The rules doesn't say anything, so it should be allowable, and it seems fine too. I am just taking initiative to fund a candidate and coaxing others to pitch in with more support. But on the other hand, from a fair play point, it can be misused, Let's say I want to get that macBook by hook-or-by-crook. I will simply fund a lady, say Rs. 70K, trying to make my funding the highest. After all, I know that the money will be coming back to me anyway, after 1-2 yrs!!  

So will it be not appropriate to insert any rule to counter it?

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yes Shantinath, you can fund the same borrower that you are promoting on your blog. Just make sure, you click on your referrer link and make a contribution, else it would be difficult for us to track. Smile

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Ok, thanks for your quick response :)

Amar Naik
Amar Naik
from Ponda/Bangalore
10 years ago

@milaap team. if i am promoting one borrower, but lender lends for other borrower by clicking on the referral link that i sent, does it get added as my contribution.

Bhawya sankar
from Mayiladuthurai
10 years ago

I have the same doubt..Undecided

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@amar @bhawya shankar - it will be counted towards your contribution. 

Milaap
Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@amar @bhawya shankar - it will be counted towards your contribution. 

Bhawya sankar
from Mayiladuthurai
10 years ago

today i saw that my borrower has been fully funded. I am just curious to know How much fund raised by my referral id.

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Bhawya: How about we mail you right away and share it with you. Would you like everyone to know here how much you've raised, do you? Wink

Bhawya sankar
from Mayiladuthurai
10 years ago

Tongue out waiting for the mail.

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Just sent the Email Bhawya. Way to go on raising that amount! Awesome.  Smile

Bhawya sankar
from Mayiladuthurai
10 years ago

SmileLaughing

Mayura Rao
Mayura Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I have written about Muttavva Belanki, Milaap can you please let me know if the referral link i have given is right, I happened to see another post which had her picture with a lend button below it when I signed up and checked I couldn't find a shortcut for that.

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Mayura, both your referral links are correct. Great post! Appreciate your support :)

Milaap
Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Mayura, both your referral links are correct. Great post! Appreciate your support :)

Amar Naik
Amar Naik
from Ponda/Bangalore
10 years ago

@milaap team. Is it possible to see, how many donations are made using my referal links? one lender made his donation, i wanted to check if it will be tracked under my referral link or not?

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Amar, we will be sending you an email shortly, informing you about all those contributions that have come through your referrer ID. Smile

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Can I add 2-3 profiles of borrowers in my post or only one is allowed in one post?

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Knitha, you can add as many profiles as you want in a post :)

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Shantinath Chaudhary
Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Submitted my blog-post!! And transferred an amount of Rs 1000 too. I am excited! How much ripple effect I would be able to create with this Rs. 1000! SmileSmile

Do read guys, and do donate/lend too. I have chosen a borrower keeping in mind the no. of children she has, hence increasing chances of girl child, and hence increasing chances of saving a girl child from becoming another Devadasi ...... (I also preferred those who needed more amount). Let's hope, together we are able to raise great amount of funds for this initiative. I will vigourously try for the same..... Hope for the best..... Good night Smile  (I will really have a good night's sleep tonight SmileSmile)

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Way to go Shantinath. Keep inspiring people to do good with your writing! Smile

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks a lot Smile

Shivany
Shivany
from Chennai
10 years ago

Well....... From the discussion understood a little bit that one has tto write an article which will make people contribute.... But my doubt is what are we supposed to write?? :(

Help someone......... plssssss

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Shivany, you can write an inspiring post about why your readers need to support your borrower/s on Milaap. How will the contribution empower them? You can talk about the Devadasi system which is still prevalent in India and what we can do to stop such systems in rural India. Just read on the web about this system and we are sure you would get a lot of content to write on your blog! Good luck.  Smile

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Just submitted my story about Ayonara Molla from West Bengal. Included the referral link, hope I have done it the right way. Innocent

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

The post looks good Ragini. Just a suggestion, if possible hyperlink the referral ID link. Besides that, it's written very well! Smile

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Done, thanks :)

June Paul
June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Just submitted my blog post about Yallavva Shinge and group from Belgaum, Karnataka. I have included the referral link in the end.. Milaap, can you please check the post and tell me if I have done everything correctly or not? If you give me a thumbs up, I'll start spreading the post. Thanks..! Smile

PS: It feels great to contribute in whatever way for a cause close to my heart.

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi June, that's a good piece of inspiration on your blog.  Smile However, don't you think you should put the entire referrer ID link somwhere in the middle of the post? So that it can instantly be viewed by your readers and they can contribute? Rather than a simple ' Click here' text?  What do you think?  :-) 

June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks for such a prompt answer. I really appreciate it. Kindly check the post now and tell me if all is okay :)

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

It's perfect now June. Good luck with the contest! Smile

June Paul
June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank You. Keep up with the good work, Milaap! Smile

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Another query here - The posts have been displayed already? I was under the impression that we could write till 3rd March. I want to write for a few more profles, how do I go about it now?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

multiple entries are allowed.
Entries will be displayed on 12/02/14.
Contest closes at 11:59 PM on 3/03/14.
so i think you can still write

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

You can still submit your entries! The entries are displayed early in this contest because everybody needs to promote their posts anyway - no point in hiding them from IndiVine.

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Okay, got it Renie, thanks! Smile

Thanks to you too Nandini Smile

Sangeeta Sharma
Sangeeta Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Umm...I was wondering if my post is ok...I mean if that's how the link should be posted..

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey Sangeeta, yes that's the right away to post the link. Also, the article looks good. Smile

Sangeeta Sharma
Sangeeta Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank you so much!

Ashish
Ashish
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Milaap Can i write about this Man who wants to  renovate the school he runs, for better education, or it has to be one of the 'her' only? 

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ashish, you can write about  any borrower on Milaap who inspires you, irrespective of the gender. Smile 

LockSign in to reply to this thread